Photo by Kelly West Mars Photography

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Update

It's been a while since I've written an actual update on here!  We have just a bit under 5 months left in South Korea, and the closer we get to our pcs date, the more I'm starting to crave life back in the U.S. Oh what I'd give for some Pat's Pizza or fresh lobster right now!

The past year and a half in Korea has been fun, and some day we would like to come back. If and when we do come back, we decided that we want to get a high-rise apartment (versus living in a 6 unit villa).  While I love our neighborhood, I seriously miss having a dishwasher and closets!  Yep, you heard me - I miss closets.  We have NONE!  Every piece of clothing we have is crammed into government issued dressers. 

I also miss being able to buy clothes - in person (versus online).  I am a plus size, which does not exist in the Korean world of clothing, nor at the PX on post. And it baffles me that Koreans stay so tiny, their culture is so big on food.  Food is everywhere here! And it's not nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be.  The seafood I still shy away from, but I've never been a big fan of fish (or octopus, squid and eel).

Five months left.  Last night I actually had a dream that we were clearing customs at Bangor International Airport.  How I wish that I could just wake up and be there! It took 24 hours to get from Maine to South Korea.  Maeve was only six months old at the time, and she slept most of the trip.  When we return home she's going to be two years old! A toddler on a 24 hour trip ought to be a huge adventure in itself.

Well that's all I've got for now.  Oh and I've started another section for my Project: 365 on here.  I'm not posting ALL of my pictures from that, but I'm going to try and update it with my favorites. Check it out anyway!



Catch ya later!
-Shasta

No comments:

Post a Comment